Monday, May 4, 2015

Favourite Make Up Tools & Brush Cleaner


I am a pretty basic when it comes to make up, I will use my fingers if I don't have my brushes on hand but my favourite tools to use to do make up and my favourite brush cleaner is as follows:

  • Sponge - I use this to apply my foundation or BB cream, any brand or type is fine with me but my favourite are the ones sold by Daiso, not only because of price but also because of its quality
  • Elite Models Flat Shadow Brush - great for applying cream eyeshadows over the lid if you don't want to use your fingers
  • Essence Smokey Eyes Brush - a few people have said that the bristles on this brush is scratchy but I find them to be really soft, so I think this may be a hit or miss but for its price there is no harm in buying to try. I use this brush to apply shadow in my crease and I find it works quite well due to its size and shape.
  • Models Prefer Cream Eye Shadow Brush - I use this brush to apply eye shadow all over my lid, with cream eye shadows I've only use this brush twice and I find that it's okay but I prefer something a little more stiffer.
  • Chi Chi Powder Brush - this brush is great for distributing powder all over the face evenly and the bristles are really soft and not at all scratchy . 


  • Byphasse Micellar Solution - I find this can be drying on my skin but for my brushes this make up remover works so well at removing all traces of make up. I clean my brushes twice in this solution and then wash them with water and let them air dry. I am always left with clean and soft brushes ready to be used.


I do have more brushes but I find these are the one I usually go for on a regular bases. If you do own higher quality brushes I would suggest another type of brush cleaner as this might potentially be drying although for my brushes this cleanser is great and doesn't seem to make them hard or dry.
What are your favourite brushes to use? Leave me a comment down below, keep smiling and enjoy your day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment